Getting in shape doesn’t necessarily mean you have to commit to running on a treadmill every day or lifting weights. Try these fun activities to keep you slim this summer!
Fun fact: Did you know ‘fidgeting’ (aka “small micro-movements”) can account for up to 350 additional calories burned per day?
1. Try working out with a friend outside or at your local gym. Research has proven that working out with a friend will motivate you and will ultimately bring out your competitive side. Get out of your bubble and experience the world around you. Try and hike one of the many mountains located around the coast. Enjoyment comes from discovering new things!
2. Give walking or cycling to destinations a go, to fully immerse yourself in the experience here on the Gold Coast. We are blessed with amazing weather too but make sure you always stay sun safe!
3. Play video games! Okay, initially this one seems a little far-fetched, but are you forgetting about Wii Fit? There’s a range of games (not only Wii Fit) that can accommodate your gaming needs while burning calories. Get a mate around a make it a competition!
4. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The infamous Muhammad Ali said this. I’m not saying become a professional boxer, but boxing is great for your fitness and will leave you sweating for hours. Try out a local boxing gym or get some pads and try with a friend!
5. Walking along the beach for a morning sun rise gives an extremely tranquil feeling. Basking in the serenity of the sun rays and the salty air against your skin is the epitome of being an Australian on the Gold Coast. We are also fortunate enough to have some infamous surf beaches located here, so grab a board and head out!