Get ready for a huge piece of sustainable motivation and inspiration. These people are making a difference today and what's more important they shared their experience with everyone, so you and your friends can follow their lead.
Find a spare minute to sit back and enjoy these fascinating TEDx Talks.
Noah Wilson-Rich doesn't just want to know why bees are dying off, but what's saving them.
Noah Wilson-Rich, as a beekeeper is exploring bees, he managed to figure out why are they dying and also came up with the solution how to save and make them thrive.
- In 2017 we lost 40% of bees.
- Top 3 killers of bees: agricultural chemicals, pets and pathogens, habitat loss.
- Urban beehives have a longer life span than rural and suburban beehives.
- There are more bee species in urban areas.
- Don't trim your hedges to save bees.
- There is a honey DNA.
Amit Kalra wants to fix fashion's pollution problem.
The fashion industry has a disastrous impact on the environment. In fact, it is the second largest polluter in the world, just after the oil industry. And the environmental damage is increasing as the industry grows. Amit shares some creative ways the industry can evolve to be more conscientious about the environment -- and gain a competitive advantage at the same time.
- What happens to all the clothes that we don't buy?
- In the US, only 15% of the total textile and garment waste ends up being donated or recycled in some way.
- 13 million tons of clothing and textile waste end up in landfills every year in just US alone.
- 200T-shirts per person ending up in the garbage.
- What if we were able to use spices and herbs to dye our clothes?
Two adults, two kids, zero waste by Bea Johnson
Since 2008, Bea Johnson and her family are dedicated to living a zero waste lifestyle; they generate a mere quart size jar of waste per year. Through her blog and her book Zero Waste Home, Bea launched a global movement and continues to inspire a growing community to take a stance against needless waste.
- The concept of 5R's: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot
- Every time we take a free plastic pen from a conference, we say "Please drill more oil from the ground to create a replacement"
- The beauty of decluttering is that it lets you share the things that you don't really use or need with other people.
- What is the point of having ten wooden spoons?
- We found that we can clean our whole house just with white vinegar and castile soap.
- Do you know 15% of the price covers the cost of packaging?
The disarming case to act right now on climate change
To put the cherry on top, a very passionate call to action, 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg explains why, in August 2018, she walked out of school and organized a strike to raise awareness of global warming. Be sure to stay up to date and follow her on Instagram @gretathunberg.
- If burning fossil fuels was so bad that it threatened our very existence how could we just continue like before?
- Why wasn't it made illegal?
- If the emissions have to stop, then we must stop the emissions.
- There are no grey areas when it comes to survival. Rich countries like Sweden need to start reducing emissions by at last 15% every year.
- We are in the milds of the sixth mass extinction with up to 200 species going extinct every single day.
- What is the point of learning facts in the school system when the most important facts given by the finest science of the same school system clearly means nothing to our politicians and our society.
In Envirotech we take Sustainability seriously. We are proud to be the only provider in Australia that offers an MSS50118 Diploma of Sustainable Operations. If you are ready to make a change in the world right now, ask us how we are happy to share our knowledge.